All SNU courses are now 100% online through the summer.
CURRENT COVID-19 INFORMATION for STUDENTS, PARENTS, FACULTY, & STAFF >
Provisional and Probation Student Advising
When an SNU student is placed on Academic Probation, it signals a vulnerable time in that student’s academic career. Nationwide, students who end up on probation have a statistically higher chance of never finishing college. For each semester a student is on probation, a probation notation stays on his or her transcript permanently and cannot be removed. These are important reasons why it is crucial for you to get into Good Standing as soon as possible.
What’s the difference between my Semester GPA and my Cumulative GPA?
你的总平均积点 is the one that qualifies you for Good Standing. It is the average of all the Semester GPAs you have earned at SNU.
以良好的信誉, your Cumulative GPA must be at least 2.0.
如果你处于缓刑, you must earn a Semester GPA of 2.0 or above each semester to avoid Academic Disqualification. If you earn a Semester GPA of 2.0 or better, but your Cumulative GPA isn’t above 2.0 yet, you will continue on Probation for another semester.
If you are a Provisional admit, you must earn a Semester GPA of 2.0 or above in your first semester to avoid Probation.
If you find yourself admitted to SNU as a Provisional student, or become a Probation student when your GPA drops below 2.0, you will be referred to our department for advising.
Provisional and Probation students must do the following things to attend classes:
- 联系 亨利·康诺弗, Director of 学术支持服务, before the beginning of the semester.
- 为.....注册 15 credits. Our department must approve your course selections.
- 为.....注册 Strategies for College Success, for an additional 3 credit hours.
- If you do not do all of these things before the semester starts, you will be Administratively Dropped from all your classes! Click here to contact Henry right now.
- During the semester, you will also be required to do the following in order to ensure that you are making academic progress in each of your courses:
- Meet with Henry regularly throughout the semester;
- Attend Strategies for College Success consistently;
- If you are a Probation Student, earn a Semester GPA of 2.00 or better to avoid Academic Disqualification;
- If you are a Provisional Student, earn a Semester GPA of 2.00 or better to avoid being placed on Probation.