All SNU courses are now 100% online through the summer.
CURRENT COVID-19 INFORMATION for STUDENTS, PARENTS, FACULTY, & STAFF >
The 荣誉 Program cultivates a community of academic excellence at Sierra Nevada University that engages high-achieving students with challenges which foster their scholarship, initiative, and leadership.
Honors students work closely with faculty mentors to conduct innovative, student-directed research each semester in their classes. They have the opportunity to showcase their scholarship at the annual SNU 荣誉 Program Symposium, as well as at national undergraduate research conferences such as the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), which is the country’s largest and most diverse conference for undergraduate scholarship across disciplines. 荣誉 students serve as models for academic excellence at SNU, and are actively engaged in all facets of campus life, in and out of the classroom.
荣誉 students conduct in-depth study in their areas of interest, and apply and communicate their understanding in the form of original research:
- 荣誉课程: students complete a minimum of four self-selected, regularly offered courses as “荣誉课程” by writing additional papers, developing a related project, or meeting other terms as specified in a contract with the instructor of the courses.
- 座谈会课程: each semester honors students register for a 1 credit “荣誉课程研讨会” where they all attend multidisciplinary, on-campus events as a group over the course of the semester.
- 委员会: honors students are expected to serve on an 荣誉 Program committee for the semester, which may include writing blog entries about pertinent honors events and on-campus activities, revising the honors website, or creating fundraising activities for future conferences, symposia, and social events.
- are identified as such on their transcripts and graduation program, and have enhanced eligibility to become their class Valedictorian (one of SNU’s greatest academic honors!).
- have access to increased scholarship opportunities.
- enjoy a variety of program activities such as parties and field trips.
- 有资格参加 National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), where they network with other 荣誉 students from the country, make professional connections, and showcase their work.
The Honors Program only admits new freshmen and sophomore students, and transfer students under certain conditions. Incoming students with a 3.5 GPA are eligible to apply. Once accepted, the student’s GPA must not fall beneath a 3.25 for two consecutive semesters. A student’s SNU GPA must be at least 3.5 to graduate with 荣誉.
By the end of the fifth week of the semester 电子邮件博士。罗伯特·金 firstname.lastname@example.org with ALL of the following information:
- Your full name and SNU Student ID number (or your Social Security Number)
- Your GPA and the institution at which it was earned
- Your year in school this semester (freshman, sophomore, or transfer)
- Your email address and your telephone number
- Which afternoons/evenings you are available for meetings, events, and parties
- A short paragraph telling us why you would like to become a part of the 荣誉 Program
All qualified students will be admitted to the Program.
For more information, please contact 罗伯特·金.