the psychology program at sierra nevada university is now accepting adjunct applications from qualified instructors in the field of psychology to teach in our [email protected] program beginning the fall term 2018. your teaching duties will primarily be conducted at the truckee meadows community college dandini campus. applicants should be proficient in teaching a variety of areas in psychology, both on-ground and online. psychology course descriptions can be found in the sierra nevada university course catalog.
master’s degree required, ph.d. preferred.
Adjunct Roles & Responsibilities
- commitment to experiential and active learning in the classroom. includes problem-based learning, case studies, site visits, etc.
- course preparation and grading; time commitment dependent upon course, subject matter, and enrollment.
- meet administrative deadlines, including, but not limited to:
- submission of syllabus for review
- completion of start-of-term and midterm enrollment verifications
- administer midterm and end-of-term course evaluations
- submission of midterm and final grades
- adhere to class operations as defined in the faculty handbook.
- invited, but not required to attend faculty development, faculty council, and department meetings.
experience in the classroom and subject matter is preferred.
fill out our online application, upload your documentation to the application, and submit. include:
- a brief cover letter stating your reason for applying and qualifications (can be entered directly into the application)
- curriculum vitae
- list of courses you are currently able to teach and willing to prepare based on the contents of sierra nevada university’s course catalog
- letters from three professional references
review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
sierra nevada university is an equal opportunity employer